At the end of the month I left James at my mother's for a week so i could go to Florida for the Close to My Heart consultant convention. Here is James with a big smile on face the day before I left. It's weird because I was really looking forward to the week in Florida - no baby, no husband, just me as an individual person for the first time in 5 1/2 years. Yet it was so hard to walk out of my mother's house. It was against every natural mother instinct inside of me to leave James that long. But I left and got over it and had a great week! James did great at my moms - he had Magoo (the dog), the cat, and Nicki's girls to entertain him. By the last day of the convention I was starting to really miss my boys.

How could you not miss this cutie pie?
During August we went to a Dodger game. It wasn't JD's first game - but it was the first one where he could cheer for the team He was just a little to small last year.
Every summer my sister and her girls come down for a week of museum visiting. Here is JD at the La Brea Tar Pits. I love this picture of him on the stairs. It looks like he is really into some deep thoughts.
We also went hiking in the Monrovia Canyon


We also went to the LA Zoo. Here is James hanging with his homie Kaylee.
We also went to the LA Zoo. Here is James hanging with his homie Kaylee.
We also went to the Science Center. James was asleep for the first part - then my camera went dead when he woke up. My sister still had her film camera - so I have pic's of JD, but not on the computer. Anyway - Here is Madison contemplating the size of a cow's brain to the human's brain.
Then of course at the beginning of the month was the 4th of July. As usual, we went to the Vaughan's house and had a great time.
We played rock band on the front lawn. When i left around 11pm they were still playing. As you can see James is an excellent drummer.
3 comments:
I love your July! James is so handsome already, you are in trouble!
Danger is the best nephew you guys have ever produced. The kid is lots of fun. I'm bummed I missed the 4th with you guys. I could have given JD a run for his money on Rock Band.
Post a Comment